BIFOCAlps project is tackling a common challenge to many Alpine Space regions: due to globalization, many enterprises in manufacturing sector are not as competitive as wished in global markets with the result in increased levels of unemployment. On the other hand the Alpine Space region has a strong R&D sector. BIFOCAlps aims to boost collaboration and synergies between the innovation system for a sustainable, smart and competitive development of the manufacturing value chain towards the Factory of the Future.
- A map at transnational level showing best practices along all levels of the manufacturing value chain
- Providing a validated methodology to enhance Factory of the Future through innovation and knowledge transfer among businesses
- Guidelines of strategic actions
- Workshops with SMEs, enterprises and policy makers
- Conferences and events to present rusults
BIFOCAlps brings together 11 partners representing regional public authorities, sectoral agencies, business support organisation, interest groups including NGOs and research institutes, from 5 European countries. This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Alpine Space programme.