The overarching objective of PARSEC is to provide SMEs from the Earth Observation sector and key emerging industries (food, energy and environment) with a holistic portfolio of access to capital, knowledge, market and technology services thus allowing them to forge new industrial value chains and realize significant, EO-enabled societal, economic and environmental benefits across a number of market sectors. In doing so, PARSEC will enable the optimum exploitation of EO data and services in support of the implementation of regional smart specialization strategies and the increased competitiveness of EU companies at the international stage.
PARSEC aspires to build a cross-sectoral/cross-border ecosystem whereby SMEs and innovative start-ups will gain:
- Access to knowledge (provision of a holistic portfolio of support services, including market, technology and investment training/ information as well as tailored coaching support)
- Access to technology (through three large scale demonstrators, acting as enablers for the development of new EO-based products/services)
- Access to capital (an innovative selection and funding scheme to ensure selection of high-potential ideas); Access to market (incl. cross-border and crosssectoral matchmaking, investment readiness, export promotion).
By providing access to these resources, PARSEC will concretely contribute to the establishment of new value chains bustling with innovative SMEs that can translate the large public investments in the Copernicus programme and numerous sector specific initiatives (related to food, water, energy, climate change, biodiversity, etc.) into applications and services meeting user needs and market demands, for the benefit of European economy and society.
- European Association of Remote Sensing Companies (EARSC), Belgium
- Biosense Institute - research and development institute for information technologies in biosystems (BIOS), Serbia
- Asociacion Valenciana de Empresas del Sector de la Energia (AVAESEN), Spain
- Bwcon GmbH, Germany
- Rasdaman GmbH, Germany
- Geomatrix UAB (GMX), Lithuania
- Draxis Environmental S.A., Greece
- Eversis SP ZOO (EVRS), Poland
- Evenflow, Belgium